Cajun Cabins is a great “jumping off” point for those interested in touring south Louisiana by day, then returning to the comfort and safety of their bayou cabin by night.
- Plantation Parade – Follow the famous River Road and see all the great plantations.
* Oak Alley * Houmas House * St. Joseph * Madewood * San Francisco House * Nottoway * Bocage * Laura
- See the sites of Baton Rouge (1 hour – 35 miles)
Visit our historic Capitol building, see the Old State Capitol building, visit the WWII Destroyer, the USS Kidd, Hollywood Casino, LSU Rural Life Museum.. Blue Bayou Water Park… The Mall of Louisiana.
- Visit New Orleans – (1 hour & 15 mins, 75 miles)
Tour the Old French Quarter, Bourbon Street, The Riverwalk, Jackson Square, The Aquarium of the America’s, D-Day World War II Museum, Audubon Zoo, New Orleans Museum of Art…
- Morgan City & Beyond (30 mins to an hour)
Lake End Park, Wedell Williams Aviation & Cypress Sawmill Museum, Mr. Charlie Oil Rig Museum, Rythms on the River (May & June), Avery Island, Tabasco Factory, etc. The Morgan City area featured the first Tarzan movie in 1917 starring Elmo Lincoln and quite a few since then.
- Gonzales Area
Visit the Tanger Outlet Mall, checkout Cabelas, the Cabin Restaurant, Cajun Village in Sorrento.